Event #3 will be held at Grandville High School (Map). This is a middle school only tournament, HOWEVER… there is a high school tournament at the same place. Between the two, there is space for 160 teams to compete that day! Last year, this was the 3rd largest robotics event in the country (besides US Open and Worlds), so its crowded, hectic, and full of holiday cheer!! The full schedule for the event is available at the event website. As competitors, we will need to get there when the doors open at 7:30 (the event is large, so it starts early. If you wish, make a weekend of it, go Friday night and stay the weekend for holiday shopping in Grand Rapids!) so we can check in and get ready for the day. As always, the days are long and may run over the scheduled 5:30pm stop time. If you are inviting family to come, this one is different – matches start at 9:00am and go on and off throughout the day with scheduled stops for lunch and skills runs. Eliminations and finals are scheduled to start at 2:30pm and awards are scheduled at 5:00pm.
The following awards are up for grabs at this event (list for Middle School):
- Excellence and Tournament champions (2) – Invite to East Michigan Regionals and Create US Open.
- Design and Skills Champion – Invite to Create US Open
- Innovate Award – Team that has the most innovative design feature
- Create Award – Robot with a creative engineering solution
- Amaze Award – Amazing, well rounded and top performing robot
- Build Award – Well crafted robot
- Think Award – Team with impressive and effective autonomous
- Judges Award
- Tournament Finalists (2)
- Skills Finalist